Monday, December 17, 2012

And I Thought Memory Was The First Thing To Go

Yep, that's me.  Yesterday was my birthday and I turned 49. Now, I didn't know this, but when you turn 49, you lose all ability to make decisions

Shane asked me what I wanted to do yesterday, but I couldn't decide

I sat with my recipes in front of me (aka, Pinterest) and considered what to make for dinner, but I couldn't decide.

When I asked Shane what we should do about lunch, and he bounced it back to me with "It's your birthday, what do YOU want to do for lunch?", I didn't know whether to laugh, scream, cry or strangle him.  Not only couldn't I decide about lunch, but I couldn't even decide how to feel.
Yep, it was one of those days.  I finally asked him to please take over because I didn't know what the hell I wanted other than to not have to make decisions.

So, in the end, we stayed home all day in our jammies, ate chicken soup for lunch and I made meatloaf for supper.  Turned out to be a pretty good birthday after all

And, you know, I'm feeling much more decisive this morning.  Today I'm going to make cookies.  Definitely cookies, or maybe I'll make fudge.  Some brownies might be nice instead...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...