Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Happy New Year!  I hope all of you had a fun and safe New Year's Eve, and a relaxing (or perhaps, recuperative) day yesterday. 

I'd also like to say welcome to the second year of Haphazard Homestead!

Yes, I made it an entire year, but not without the occasional -- okay, frequent -- thought of throwing in the towel.  Sometimes I get fed up, overwhelmed or under-inspired by blogging.  I would imagine we've all been there.  In the past, I'd just close shop for a while, but before long, I'd feel the itch to set up a new blog and start writing again.

Not this time.  This time I'm just going to keep going -- but with changes.  Simply put, I'm looking to free up time to pursue other interests without giving up blogging entirely.  So, starting this week, I'm going to be a M-W-F blogger.  Three posts a week should keep me in touch without burning me out.  I'll see how it goes for a couple of months, then make adjustments if I think I should.

I'm also thinking of opting out of the Facebook scene for this blog.  As Facebook becomes more and more difficult and unreliable, especially for those of us with promotional Pages, I'm thinking of switching to Twitter or Google+, or dropping the social media idea altogether.  Any feedback you can offer will help me make this decision.

Meanwhile, I hope you'll stick with me.  Feel free to tell me if there's anything you'd like to see here.  More on budgeting?  Gardening?  Home projects?  Nutrition and/or recipes?  Cat pics?  I can do those things.  Just let me know.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...