Sunday, March 4, 2012

Monday Thoughts on a Sunday Afternoon

I decided to publish my usual Monday morning post this afternoon because I don't expect to have much time to post tomorrow.  We have friends coming over to help Shane put in our new back door and my world (the kitchen/dining room) will be turned upside down for the day -- maybe longer.  I think the guys will be able to get the old sliding door out and the new swinging door in within the day, but we expect some sub-flooring repairs to be necessary, and will eventually put down a new kitchen floor, so the entire project is going to take a while.  The good news is that the door and flooring were bought last summer, so except for unexpected bits and pieces, this project is already paid for.  I'll be sure to get plenty of before and after pic to post later.

So, did you all have a good weekend?  I think I may have had too much of a good weekend.  Yesterday morning was pretty uneventful for me.  While Shane ran out to meet a friend who very generously gave us a freezer he no longer uses (to replace the one that quit on us last week), I stayed home and made potato salad and homemade strawberry ice cream to take to dinner with the same friend and a few others.   We had a great evening with our friends, eating a wonderful grilled chicken dinner and playing cards, but I absolutely overindulged in both food and drink, especially the food.  I can't even remember the last time I ate so much.  By this morning my stomach was rolling.  It's mid-afternoon now and I'm just starting to feel like my usual self.

Shane must be able to handle his food and drink better than me; he's been out in the garden for several hours already.  As for me, I'm waiting to pick up Kat from an afternoon birthday party.  That, stopping by the grocery store for a few things to feed tomorrow's work crew, and paying this week's bills are the only things I have planned for the rest of my day.

Hope all of you are having a good weekend and that the recent bad weather in some areas hasn't affected you too badly.  I'll be back with a post on Tuesday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...