Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quick Mid-Week Update

The call came around 8:00 last night for Shane to go back to work starting today.  I don't know how many of the jobs they've been waiting for have actually started up, but I do know how his boss operates.  He wouldn't have called Shane back to work for just a day or two.  So, we're going to assume for now that everything's back to normal, barring a day here and there that will be missed because of spring rains.

So, Shane's little vacation's over.  Who am I going to get to do all the heavy lifting around here now? 

Seriously, a month is long time to be together every day when you aren't used to it.  Oh, we got along fine, but  I never felt up to speed with my housekeeping while he was here.  I think we did more talking than working.  That's a good thing, I know, but I think we appreciate each other more when we have a few hours apart each day.  Oh well, I guess it's all good practice for our retirement years.

I was hoping I could settle back into my quiet, solitary routines right away, but that won't happen this week.  Today I have errands to run, and very possibly, tomorrow, too.  Friday my daughter will be here all day to have another sewing lesson that I don't feel qualified to teach.  Maybe next week will be when I can finally find my new, old normal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...