Monday, February 13, 2012

Another Long Weekend

Three-day weekends are becoming commonplace around here. This is the third in a row, I think, for Shane to be home either on Friday or Monday. Today he's home because of snow/ice. Kat is home today, too, for the same reason. It's our first snow day this school year! She'll be so excited when (if) she wakes up. Of course, I'm kidding about the "if/when". I'll let her sleep an hour later than usual, but that's it.

We had a fairly nice weekend. Saturday was really cold. More likely, it was normal and we're just really spoiled by the mild winter we've had so far. We stayed in most of the day. I just did ordinary chores around the house, but Shane was a "maker" that day. He made a tofu press for my daughter (she and her husband are vegan and want to try making their own tofu), and he made not one, but two "canjos".

Here's what you need to understand. In the past 6 to 8 months, Shane has bought three guitars and has made 3 homemade stringed instruments. But...he doesn't know how to play any of them! In his defense, he is learning on his own and is now looking into buying some lessons, but I think it's time to quit acquiring guitars and start getting down to the business of learning to play them. :) Give me a few days, and I'll post some photos of his homemade "canjos" and "diddly bow".  They're kind of fun.

Also on Saturday, Kat went to a tea party at her friends' house. It was quite the affair with about a dozen girls and two young gentlemen in attendance. Here are a couple of pictures of her, pre-party, in her velvety attire.





On Sunday, we visited my dad for a few hours.  I'm not going to get into the long story, but let's just say that while at his house, I took a break from my current Primal Blueprint way of eating.  I would never be rude to him (or anyone else) by criticizing the food they are kind enough to offer me in their home -- and at nearly 80 years old, I don't think I can expect him to change what he eats if I did say something -- so I just kept quite and did the best I could.  Of course, it was a nice visit with Dad otherwise.

That's it for our weekend.  Sounds tame compared to the busy ones we've had lately, but it was a good one.  How about yours?  Did you do anything exciting or fun?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...