Friday, June 22, 2012

Face the Music - Sally G - Paul McCartney



Happy Birthday to Sir Paul McCartney, who turned 70 on Monday of this week. 

Thanks to my older brothers, I've been a big fan of The Beatles nearly all my life.  The Beatles had split up by the time I bought my first 45 rpm record.  I was 10 years old and the record was "Band On The Run" by Paul McCartney and Wings.  Later that same year (1974), Sir Paul and Wings released "Junior's Farm", which I also bought as a 45.  Sally G was on the B side, and it's a full-fledged country song, recorded in Nashville and everything.  Originally released only as a single, it did quite well on the Billboard country charts.

For the record, while I like the music of all of the Beatles, both collectively and individually, it was John, not Paul, who was my favorite.  Kat, on the other hand, is crazy about Paul.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...