Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday Garden Update

I haven't done a garden update for a while.  Here is a picture I took last Thursday.  I love the garden from this angle. 

The way our yard is laid out, I can't get all of our beds in one shot,
but from this angle, I get most of them.


At this point we are done with asparagus, peas, lettuce, turnips, and spinach.  We only got a couple of kohlrabi and one broccoli from the 12 or so brassicas we planted. :(

We're still harvesting strawberries, a second round of radishes, Swiss chard, rhubarb, and beets.  We're getting closer to having blackberries, green beans, tomatoes, garlic, onions, carrots and potatoes.  Planted, but just getting started are corn, cucumbers and pinto beans.  Still to plant is zucchini and winter squash.

I think I've mentioned that we only planted eight tomato plants this year.  That number has increased to about 20, thanks to volunteers popping up everywhere.  We can't save all the volunteers, but we do try to save most of them.

Kat's cabbage, front and center.

Kat's little garden is doing well.  Her Moon and Stars watermelon is blossoming and we'll harvest her huge cabbage (she started at school) within the next day or so.  I still think it's ironic that hers did so well when she doesn't even like cabbage.  Her celery (regrown from store-bought) has failed (twice), but her carrots seem to coming along.

How is your garden growing?  Have you finished planting, or do you, like us, still have a few things to get into the ground?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...